Posted 1 week ago
£60,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Financial Controller who is used to supporting the Finance Director, helping to drive improvement and implement best practices? Do you experience of working within computer accounting systems? Do you live near to Thames Ditton and are interested in joining a progressive and motivated organisation? Are you looking for benefits that including company performance related bonus scheme, private medical cover, life assurance, 25 days holiday (FTE) and subsidised gym membership? Then could be the role for you!
My client is an independent services company specialising in vehicle management based in Thames Ditton. They are an established and forward thinking company who have this great opportunity within their data optimisation team due to an internal restructure.
This is an office based, full time role.
- Overall day-to-day control of all accounting functions, to include: Sales and Purchase Ledgers, invoicing and banking, management accounts, funding and all statutory requirements
- To ensure adequate controls over receipts, payments and invoice processing are in place and are adhered to
- Carry out regular debtor and creditor reviews, management accounting reviews to ensure accuracy of records and report to management any key issues
- Management of the Company cash-flow and proper reporting to Board as required.
- To ensure that all areas of accounting processes and records are managed appropriately to good corporate governance
- To oversee reporting in a timely manner including
- Monthly balance sheets
- Monthly cash analysis
- To assist in funding management including, facility, renewals, headroom management, rates, new business.
- To control the production of key business indicator reports and ensure that reports are designed and implemented with Finance Director and IT support
- To co-ordinate and produce the budgets and forecasts
- To ensure that the company comply with all financial statutory requirements
- To manage relationships with and provide information required (monthly and annually) to the following bodies: HMRC (VAT, PAYE), National Statistics and the company auditors
- To assist Directors in managing ad hoc projects including acquisitions, disposals, new contract assignments and shareholder investments
- To keep abreast of improvements and techniques and advise Company of industry specific accounting issues
- To provide support and technical advice to both internal and external parties
- To administer profit share calculations and provide information for tenders etc.
- To manage communications between own area and other key Company functions, ensuring coordination and support for all business activities and objectives
- To maintain a professional attitude , building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers
- Maintaining excellent knowledge of the industry, company history and values
- To monitor the performance and potential of the Finance team and provide the direction, training and motivation necessary to secure their optimum commitment, competency and maximum efficiency.
We would love to hear from you if you are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, a very strong communicator with good influencing skills and a strong background within finance.